I came across this article while surfing the internet and want to share it with anyone who will take the time to read it. You no longer have to be a victim or hate early mornings. How we spend our mornings sets the tone for the rest of the day. A calm and productive morning is very different from a frantic one.
What can you do to make your mornings more productive and less hectic?
1. Planning is priceless. Prepare the night before. Watch the weather. Choose your outfit. Keep your keys, cellphone, etc., always in the same place, preferably by the door.
2. Use a Jawbone instead of an alarm clock to wake you up. It gently vibrates on your wrist rather than violently jarring you awake.
3. Make your bed. The physical movement is good for you. Think of it as stretching. Plus, it’s so much better to come home to a tidy bedroom.
5. Make priorities simple and easy. If you want to run in the morning, place your sneakers with your iPod and running clothes by your bed. If you want to spend more quality time with your kids, turn the television off and put down the newspaper.
6. Be Mindful. Brush your teeth with your left hand if you are right-handed and vice versa. It reminds you to pay attention and be in the moment.
7. Spend a few minutes outside taking in the fresh air and daylight. Natural light and environments are important for well-being.
9. Grace Period. Allow 15 minutes of extra time to get to appointments so you can arrive with grace and dignity.
“Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man [or woman] healthy, wealthy and wise.” –Benjamin Franklin
***This blog was written by Samantha Boardman M.D., Psychiatrist, Writer and Blogger For more blogs visit www.PositivePrescription.com or Follow Samantha Boardman MD on Twitter: www.twitter.com/@sambmd
Prudential Select Properties St Charles County Office, 636-720-1100