It’s no secret that winter can be the harshest time of year for your vehicle, so it’s important to take care of it both inside and out. Freezing temperatures, road salt, slush and snow can wreak havoc on your vehicle.
Is your car ready for this winter? Here’s a few unconventional tips to help you get through the winter driving season.
- Keep headlights clear with car wax! Just wipe ordinary car wax on your headlights. It contains water repellents that will prevent that messy mixture from accumulating on your lights. It typically last about 6 weeks.
- Squeak-proof wipers with rubbing alcohol! Wipe the blades with a cloth saturated with rubbing alcohol or ammonia. This one trick can make badly streaking & squeaking wipers change to near perfect silence & clarity. Checking and replacing them as needed can also improve visibility to help avoid a very dangerous situation on the road.
- Ice-proof your windows with vinegar! Frost on it way? Just fill a spray bottle with 3 parts vinegar to one part water & spritz on all of your windows at night. In the morning, they’ll be clear of icy mess. Vinegar contains acetic acid, which raises the melting point of water.
- Prevent car doors from freezing shut with cooking spray! Spritz cooking oil on the rubber seals around car doors and rub in with a paper towel. This prevents water from melting into the rubber.
- Fog-proof your windshield with shaving cream! Spray shaving cream on the inside of your windshield & wipe it off with paper towels. Shaving cream has many of the same ingredients found in commercial defoggers.
- De-ice your lock in seconds with hand sanitizer! Just put some hand sanitizer gel on the key & lock and problem Solved!
Implementing these tips can go a long way in helping you save time, frustration and avoiding dangerous situations on the road. Be prepared and safe out there this winter!!!
Prudential Select Properties St. Charles County Office