There is a common myth in the real estate business that no one purchases homes during the holiday season. Nothing could be further from the truth. Homebuyers need to purchase homes all year-long and there are some real advantages to placing homes on the market during the holidays. Some of these benefits included:
- Buyers are more serious during the holidays and quicker to make a decision.
- Fewer houses to choose from over the holidays means less competition for you.
- Houses “show better” when decorated for the holidays with the wonderful lights and festive colors associated with the season.
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and often base their decision on the warmth and good feeling they receive when viewing your house.
- Buyers take advantage of holiday time off work to look at houses.
- Many buyers want to purchase before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month for corporate transfers. Transferees can’t wait until the Spring to buy. To capture these relocation buyers your house must be on the market.
- You may restrict showings during your own personal family events and still take advantage of your spruced up and decorated “ready to show” property.
- You can sell now, but specify a delayed closing or extend occupancy until early next year if you so desire and if agreeable by the buyers.
- By selling now you have an opportunity to buy during the spring, when more properties are on the market.
Prudential Select Properties St. Charles County Office wishes you and your family a very Happy Holiday season! Thanks for another great year…
Prudential Select Properties St Charles County Office 6149 MidRivers Mall Dr. 63304